MalaysianGP : Aprilia Rider Aleix Esparago ruled out of Sepang


Aprilia's Aleix esparago said he is not taking part at sepang.

'Unfortunately, the situation is forcing me to go back home for surgery so that I will be able to fully recover for Valencia' - Aleix Espargaro.

Espargaro fractured the fourth metacarpus in his left hand after crashing out in last weekend's Phillip Island race 

"The idea after the injury was to avoid surgery and to try to race here in Malaysia," said Espargaro.

"Unfortunately, the situation is forcing me to go back home for surgery so that I will be able to fully recover for Valencia. In agreement with Dr. Mir, we agreed to have the surgery done on Thursday in Barcelona.

"It was an unfortunate crash, but I am already focused on the last race of the season where I want to demonstrate the level that the Aprilia RS-GP and I have reached."

Aprilia has confirmed they will not replace Espargaro, making Sam Lowes its sole rider for the MalaysianGP.

Comments